Around my house lately, too much time has been spent on getting our income tax returns ready to file and not nearly enough time on fun things like playing with my Silhouette. I definitely plan to remedy that situation within the next few days – just as soon as I hit the “Submit” button on my 1040!
If you’re also short on time but looking for a quick project to do, here are a few suggestions. Most can be completed in 30 minutes to an hour (maybe less). As an added bonus, each one will give you some practice with a different type of media or technique.
- Mother’s Day pop-up card using a free cut file from One Dog Woof. I made the “I ♥ U” card for Valentine’s Day and am looking forward to getting a jump on my Mother’s Day card-making with the “M♥M” card.
- Hand Lettered “Be Our Guest” Free Print + Cut File from dawn nicole designs. I’ve long been an admirer of Dawn’s hand lettering skills and will love having this printable displayed in my home. Be sure to also check out her newly debuted designs in the Silhouette Design Store!
- Homemade Lemon Scented Dusting Spray made with this recipe from Pink When. I love the smell of lemon essential oil and this dusting spray might actually make cleaning a bit more enjoyable. A free download is included for the labels. Print them on this sticker paper and then cut by hand or as a Print & Cut on your Silhouette.
- Vinyl Monogrammed Cookie Jar. This project by Janet Henderson was recently featured on the Silhouette blog. It’s a simple design which provides great practice using monogram files and applying adhesive vinyl (and a cute place to stash your cookies or other sweet treats!).
- Last but not least, this beautiful Print & Cut Watercolor Decor with Foil by Kelly Wayment. Kelly is a busy wife, mom, and part-time accountant whose creative time is also limited. With this beautiful print, she has designed a quick project with stunning results that look like it took much longer than 15 minutes to create. I can’t wait to make one for myself!
So there you have it – five fast & fun Silhouette projects that can be completed in record time. The hardest part will be deciding which one to try first!