What’s *NEW* in the Silhouette Design Store!
(and a discount code!!!)
This site includes affiliate links. If you purchase from these links you will not pay more for the product, but I may earn a small commission which helps defray the costs of keeping the site running. I am also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I appreciate your support!
Have you noticed the changes that have been taking place recently in the Silhouette Design Store? There’s lots of new and exciting things going on over there and today I’m going to share with you three of the ones I like best!
Express Checkout is easily my favorite of all the new features! With Express Checkout, there’s no need to add a design to your cart and then go through the traditional checkout process. If you have Design Store credit, once you select a design all you have to do is click on the button that says EXPRESS.
You’ll then see a pop-up with the option to immediately add the design to your Silhouette Library. This is especially handy when you only want to purchase one or two designs at a time.
How do you add credit to your account? Here are three different ways:
- Design Store Download Card – a physical card with a scratch-off area on the back to reveal the code needed to redeem the credit. Download cards are often included when you buy a new machine but can also be purchased here in increments of $10 or $25 from silhouetteamerica.com.
- Credit Boost – a bundle of non-expiring credits that can be purchased from the Silhouette Design Store. Credit boosts provide a discount on purchases of anywhere between 20% – 40%. (Click here to learn more.)
- Design Store Subscription – adds credit to your Design Store account on a monthly basis. Depending on the subscription level purchased, the average cost per download can be as low as 12 cents per design. (See below for more information on subscriptions.)
Want to download a purchase directly to your computer’s hard drive? It’s easy with Direct Download! Once you’ve completed the checkout process, a window will pop up with this option. Click on the Direct Download button and then specify the location on your hard drive where you want the designs to be saved. You can also choose to have all future purchases downloaded automatically.
When using the Express Checkout feature, just click on the Download Item button that pops up after the design is added to your Silhouette Library. (Whether or not you choose the Direct Download option, all files can still be accessed through your Silhouette Studio Library.)
Simplified Subscription Plans
Last but not least is the simplified subscription structure. In the past, the Silhouette Design Store has offered twenty (yes, that’s right – 20!) different subscription levels. Now they’ve simplified it to only five:
To see an example of “Last Chance Designs”, click here.
For more information on subscriptions, click here.
But what if you’re someone who previously subscribed to another level and don’t want to change? Not to worry, the Design Store has you covered! If you purchased a subscription plan prior to June 3, 2019 that is no longer offered, you can keep that plan indefinitely as long as you set it to auto-renew before its current expiration date.
To access the auto-renew option:
- Visit the Silhouette Design Store.
- Hover over the Account Settings icon in the upper right corner of your browser window.
- Click on Subscription from the options listed below the icon.
- Locate your subscription under “My Subscriptions” and then click on the word Manage which can be found in the “action” column.
Want to save even more money when you purchase a new subscription or renew an existing one? I’m now pleased to offer my readers a discount code that will save you 10% on any subscription purchase (15% when you choose to pay up front). To take advantage of this offer click here, select your subscription level, then enter the promo code CAUGHT at checkout. (During subscription sales at Silhouette America, the promo code discount will match the sale price.)
I love visiting the Silhouette Design Store and am so excited by all the new changes taking place! What’s your favorite feature? Be sure to share it in the comments below!
And if you found this information useful, please help spread the word by pinning this image to Pinterest!
Until next time,
This post contains affiliate advertising. This means that if you click on a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn help keep Caught by Design online. Thanks for your support!
Lycia is a lifelong crafter whose goal is to help others find value, confidence, and joy in whatever they create. She geeks out on using technology to supercharge craft projects with Silhouette Studio, Design Space, Glowforge, sublimation, etc.! Lycia teaches these skills and more through online tutorials and videos as well as in-person classes at both the local and national levels.