Do you have a Silhouette crafter on your gift list this year? Wondering what to buy for them? With so many great tools and gadgets out there, it’s hard to know just what they want or need! To help you get started, I spent some time looking around my craft room and made a list of “must-haves” – things I use on a regular basis that are sure to please!
Note: Many (but not all) of the links included in this post are affiliate links. By purchasing through these links, you help support Caught by Design without any additional cost to you. In some cases, using my promo codes will actually SAVE you money!
Silhouette America – use promo code CAUGHT
Silhouette Design Store – use promo code CAUGHT to save 10% on any subscription
Swing Design – use promo code CAUGHT10 (some restrictions apply)
- Silhouette Machine – I love all my Silhouette machines but the new Cameo 4 is pretty awesome! There’s no better time to buy one than right now and you can find some really great deals at Silhouette America, Swing Design, and Amazon.
- Software – When I bought my first Cameo in 2013, I also purchased the Designer Edition upgrade and cannot imagine designing without it. Check out this post to compare the different levels of Studio software.
- Mats – I use the standard mat most often, but the light-hold mat is perfect for paper crafts.
- General Purpose Tools
- Heat Press & Accessories
- Heat Press – I own each of these heat presses and would recommend any one of them. If you’re wondering which one is right for you, see this post for tips to help you choose.
- Teflon Sheets
- Rare Earth Magnets – used to secure teflon sheet to top platen of heat press. Can be found at places like Harbor Freight, Amazon.com, and hardware stores.
- Pressing Pads
- Paper Crafting Tools & Supplies
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider – I can’t recommend this tool highly enough if you do any type of paper crafting!
- Xyron – used for cold lamination, applying adhesive, and making stickers/magnets. It comes in several different sizes. You can see how I use the smallest size to make double-sided earrings in this video.
- Paper Cutter – I use mine to cut sheets of vinyl as well as for paper crafts.
- Envelope Punch Board – one of my all-time favorite tools!
- Brayer – great for adhering paper or vinyl firmly to a mat that is starting to lose its “sticky” (I actually my Pampered Chef dough roller, which also works great!)
- Art Glitter Glue – the best liquid adhesive I’ve found for paper projects (and I’ve tried a LOT!!!)
- Carrying Case – I have several carrying cases but this one has quickly become my favorite.
- Design Store subscription – not only can I buy designs at a discount, but having credit in my account each month allows me to take advantage of the Express Checkout feature, which I love! (Be sure to use the code CAUGHT to save 10%!!!)
- Quality materials. A great way to get started is the Sparkleberry Ink Monthly Subscription Box, which includes not only HTV but adhesive vinyl as well. It’s a gift that will be enjoyed all year long! (Check out this post for more details and a complete review.)
- And finally…blanks, blanks, and more blanks! Any crafter would love a gift card from places like Craft Chameleon, All About Blanks, Hobby Lobby, or Michaels to purchase what they need or want.
There you have it – a list of my most used tools and supplies that are suitable for any Silhouette user! Want even more ideas of what to buy for the crafter in your life? Check out my past gift guides:
Like what you see? Be sure to share the image below to Pinterest!
Until next time,
P.S. Be sure to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss any of the tips, tricks, and tutorials I share each week! Looking for a hands-on class or interested in scheduling a private lesson? Contact me for more information.
Note: This post contains affiliate advertising. This means that if you click on a link, I may make a commission based on your purchase but the price you pay for the product or service is the same. Your support means that I can continue to bring you tutorials, sales information, and articles such as these and I greatly appreciate it!
Lycia is a lifelong crafter whose goal is to help others find value, confidence, and joy in whatever they create. She geeks out on using technology to supercharge craft projects with Silhouette Studio, Design Space, Glowforge, sublimation, etc.! Lycia teaches these skills and more through online tutorials and videos as well as in-person classes at both the local and national levels.