How do I create a calibration profile to use with my PixScan mat?
Before using the PixScan mat for the first time, you must create a calibration profile for your specific camera. Once you’ve done this, the profile is stored for all future images taken with the same camera. Multiple calibration profiles can be stored in the Silhouette Studio software. Calibration is not required if using a scanner to import images.
All screenshots are from Silhouette Studio, version 4.1
To calibrate your camera:
- Click on the PixScan icon on the right of your screen to open the PixScan Panel.
- Click on “Show Calibration Test Card”. An image will appear on the screen that is a white page with rows of small black dots. Print the calibration test card.
- Take a photo of the test card using your phone or camera. Pay attention to the following:
- Place the printed image on a flat surface.
- Hold the camera parallel and in line with the calibration image.
- Do not zoom in when taking the photo.
- Lighting should be even.
- The photo should be clear and crisp with only the calibration dots visible.
- Download the photo from your camera to your computer.
- Click on the “+” sign at the bottom right of the PixScan Panel and navigate to where you downloaded your calibration photo. Open the photo in Silhouette Studio.
Your camera or phone should now be listed in the profiles available and you are ready to use your PixScan mat.