Without a doubt, some of the hottest things to hit the craft market this year are sublimation stamp pads, sublimation stamp pad ink refills, and sublimation acrylic paints! These products, along with sublimation markers, are a great way for home crafters to express their creativity through sublimation, without the need for special equipment or supplies. In this video tutorial, I’ll show you how easy (and FUN!) it is to create one-of-a-kind tie dye sublimation designs using Artesprix sublimation stamp pad ink refills – no special printer required!
Some of the materials used in this project were provided by Artesprix in exchange for this post, but all opinions are my own.
What You’ll Need:
- Artesprix Stamp Pad Refill Inks (available May 1, 2022)
- Coffee Filters and/or White Tissue Paper
- Spray Bottle of Water
- Sublimation Blanks (any sublimation blank will work, but these are the ones I used):
- Lint Roller
- Protective Paper
- Heat Tape
- Heat Press, Home Iron, or Easy Press
- Vinyl Gloves (optional)
- Protective Gloves (optional)
- Infrared Thermometer (optional)
Use code SUBLIMATION to save 10% on your order at Artesprix.
Does not apply to heat presses or bundle deals.
Step-by-Step Tutorial Video
If you want to skip ahead to a specific section of the video, here are the timestamps:
- Tie dye sublimation design for small items using a coffee filter – 2:10
- Tie dye sublimation design for larger items using tissue paper – 10:50
- Pressing a tie dye sublimation design onto a plastic bag tag – 23:28
- Pressing a tie dye sublimation design onto a headband – 30:43
For More Inspiration
These new sublimation mediums are incredibly fun to work with! Give them a try and let me know what you think. If you’d like more inspiration for using Artesprix products, check out some of these tutorials:
Like what you see here? Share the image below to Pinterest!
Until next time,
Lycia is a lifelong crafter whose goal is to help others find value, confidence, and joy in whatever they create. She geeks out on using technology to supercharge craft projects with Silhouette Studio, Design Space, Glowforge, sublimation, etc.! Lycia teaches these skills and more through online tutorials and videos as well as in-person classes at both the local and national levels.